House Tour

Friday, July 18, 2014

Dining room update



Since I posted about my dining room, I decided to refinish the china cabinet.

This is what it looked like before....
My mom gave me this when we moved into this house, it is filled with her first china set she bought when she was 17. 



Here is the finished result! 

The china set is white with gold leaves, in the glass on the doors, it has gold etching, it all goes so nice together.


And then I tripped over the dog, put my hands out to steady my fall and put my right arm through the glass on one of the doors, smashing the glass...I am lucky that I didn't need stitches, but now I am upset because of the ruined glass.... I can easily have another glass piece cut, but not so easily the gold on the glass....I am thinking I will replace booth piece with just plain glass....that's the simplest thing to do....my poor dog, She is a black lab mix and she likes to lay right by where ever I am....I am always tripping over her, but have never fallen before.....she feels so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Don't be shy! Let me know you stopped by!