House Tour

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Master Bathroom makeover



When we bought this house, every room needed work....and the master bathroom was by far the ugliest

It looked like this

                                                                     And this

Then I researched how to paint tile and I did this





Painting the tile the 1st time I started with a coat of Binz Primer, then 2 coats of a light beige so that it could be the grout color, I then took a dark brown and smeared it on with a rag.....however The 2nd time I painted it I again started with a coat of Binz primer (love that stuff) then I did 2 coats of semi-gloss white paint, and its been over a year since I painted it and it is holding up very nice, no chips or scratches.


It was a bit of an improvement, but still awful! 
So not wanting (or affording) to do a complete gut job, I painted the tile again, this time white
And I painted the ugly pink sink, pink tub and the dated counter top



The paint I used for the tub and sink was a 2 step process, it was super cheap and easy to do, I used Klenk's Epoxy Enamel and the tub prep kit, on both the tub and the sink. The hardest part of it all was how long it took waiting for the tub and sink to cure.


It took a week for the paint to set on the tub and sink



I went with a nice light blue, with lots of beachy accents


I got the inspiration from another Beach house in our town, they rent theirs out all summer long week by week, here is the link to their facebook page. The house is gorgeous, and I have gotten alot of ideas from it. 

The cabinet doors and drawers, still need to be painted.....they have splots of nail polish and hair dye on them.


Here is a close up of the sink and counter top, the clutter isn't usually there, just got home from shopping and had that set there to put away.

For the counter top I started with a coat of Binz primer, then a coat of white paint, the I went to work with all the colors I wanted and used craft paint, and bunched up peices of cling wrap, that way I could shape it anyway I wanted. The final step was I did 4 coats of polyurathane (it yellowed a bit hence the cream color of the counter top, it looks fine but if you are going for white, I would recommend going with polyacrylic instead) and a light sanding in between coats. Also use a soft bristle paint brush to paint the polyurathane ( or poly acrylic) on, it gives it a softer finish, I used a roller on another project and it was a rougher finish.

I love how my bathroom turned out so much! 

It was the first room I did that was beach house inspired, and just walking into the bathroom made me feel so relaxed and I just knew then that I had to redo the whole house to the same style and feel.

Thanks For stopping by!! Feel free to browse my other room makeovers! I am adding more posts all the time so come back and visit real soon!! 

1 comment:

  1. and wow again this bathroom is over the top beautiful such a change for the better, you have a good eye my dear looks great xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Don't be shy! Let me know you stopped by!